Bezoar Apothecary Jar, Universal Poison Antidote
Bezoars are stones found in the stomach of goats (and a few other animals) that have been used as an antidote for poison since the 8th century. They became quite popular among the nobility during the Renaissance period. Queen Elizabeth I even had one set in a ring!
- Glass apothecary jar with 7-10 bezoars. Bezoars are made from 100% recycled plastic. These “stones” are the most realistic bezoars I’ve found, they’re eco-friendly and safe to ship in glass jars.
- Jar is glued shut, to prevent any children playing Ron and Harry and choking on a bezoar.
- Top wrapped in aged jute woven around a silver tone ring with two filigree silver charms dangling from it.
- St. Mungo's wax seal decorates front.
- Label is designed by me from a medieval etching of bones. It’s hand aged and sealed with water resistant mod podge for durability.
- Jar measures 4 1/4” (10 3/4 cm) tall, 2 1/4” (just over 5 1/2 cm) wide.
I create life size, realistically magical potions that look like they live in the wizarding world or a wizened old alchemists workshop. They’re intended to look old and worn, while still pretty. I hand age the labels, so they are faded and stained. Some are more stained and older looking than others, your collection will look authentic.
*Please note that you are buying a piece of art and not a product. You are paying for my time and artistry, as well as the supplies it takes to create these potions, not official merchandise. Any use of material protected by law, such as "Harry Potter”, “Hogwarts”, etc., is for descriptive purposes only. I have not received any endorsement from and are not affiliated with or licensed by any holder of intellectual property or common law rights related to the Harry Potter series of books, films, and merchandise, any of their subsidiaries or licensees.
Questions and requests welcome!
* S O C I A L S *
I N S T A G R A M
T I K T O K
F A C E B O O K
(though I'm not here much!)